Personal Information we may collect from you includes:
Non-Personal Information may also be recorded about our users and collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. Some examples of this are as follows:
We are constantly trying to enhance the customer’s car buying experience and overall owner experience of their vehicle our Services. In order to provide the Services, improve upon, or offer additional product or service offerings, we may collect information in the following ways:
• Communications You Initiate with Us: If you contact us by phone, email, live chat, Contact Us form, social media, or by some other means (either through our Services or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference to help improve our Services to you.
• Information you provide by filling out forms or registering an account on our Website or Apps. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and Apps, subscribing to or ordering any Services, posting material and/or user contributions, or requesting further services or assistance.
• Information uploaded and/or generated by you through the Services. This includes transaction-related information, such as your contract and product terms, claim details, service appointments and maintenance items.
When we send you emails, we may track whether or not you open them, so we can determine the best ways to peak your interest. If you provide us with your mobile phone number and consent to receive text messages from us, we may text you to provide the Services, authenticate or verify your account, or otherwise provide you information you request. Please be aware that standard messaging rates will apply. If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please contact us at email@example.com or follow the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” instructions provided in emails or texts you receive from us.
Our Websites and Apps may contain links to other websites, applications and services maintained by third parties, such as dealerships, maintenance and repair shops, and other vehicle related service providers as well as, social media services, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, (“Third Party Services”). If you link to Third Party Services from our Services, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Service. We will only be able to collect the information if you've authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you've made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Service, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Services. One thing we will never store is your Third Party Services password.
Whenever you interact with our Websites and Apps, we may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, "cookie" information, usage and log information, and the page you requested.
• Other technologies such as “log files,” "pixel tags" or "web beacons". When you access our Websites and Apps, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise). In addition, pages of our Websites, Apps and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Website and App statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use information that we collect from and/or about you, including Personal Information to perform Services for you, to pursue our legitimate interests, and for other purposes, including:
• To provide our Services and their content to you and allow you to review our services, create an account or profile or register for services on the Website and Apps.
• We may use your location information to provide requested location services, and to market certain of our products and services to you. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by managing your location preferences either from the Apps, where applicable, or via your mobile device settings.
• We may also use Personal Information to communicate with you about new offers, features, products or services or to improve the services that we offer.
• To provide you with customer support and communication, and notices about your account, which may include expiration and renewal notices.
• For analytical purposes, which may include generate and analyze statistics about your use of the Services for operational and/or security purposes, measurement of effectiveness of our marketing activities, performance improvements, research, testing and other business purposes.
• To develop and improve our Services.
• To conduct marketing research, advertise to you, provide personalized information about us on and off our Websites and to provide other personalized content based upon the Services we provide to you to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in advertising our Services or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the Services we provide to you.
• To send you marketing information, service recommendations and other non-transactional communications about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our Services, promotions or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent, including without limitation, through requests made by you or use of built-in convenience features of the Services we provide to you.
• To cooperate with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
• For any other purpose with your consent.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business service providers. We may share Personal Information collected through our Services with companies that perform services on our behalf, including companies that provide website development, hosting, payment processing and billing services.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of Axiom Connected’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Axiom Connected about our Websites and Apps users is among the assets transferred.
• To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request. We may disclose your personal information when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law or respond to a court order or subpoena; to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; or to protect the rights, property or safety of ourselves or others. We reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement, governmental authorities and other third parties any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be harmful or unlawful, with or without providing notice to you.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Axiom Connected, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share Non-Personal Information collected on our Services with service providers we do business with in order to better our Services. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information such as pixel tags, web beacons, or cookies as discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services, provided that such aggregated data is anonymous and cannot be linked back to any individual. We may also disclose such aggregated, anonymized information and data that does not identify you or any other individual, without restriction.
Except as we've stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
• Right to Access/Request. Upon a verifiable request, you are entitled, once a year, free of charge, to receive a copy of the Personal Information we collect about you, which may be delivered by mail or electronically. In addition, you are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. California residents who have profiles on our Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the our Websites.
• Right to Correct or Rectify. Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Right to Erase/Delete. Request erasure/deletion/removal of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where we do not have a valid reason to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Please Note: we are not required to comply with your request for erasure to the extent Axiom Connected requires your Personal Information to: (1) complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of Axiom Connected’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between Axiom Connected and you; (2) detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity; (3) debug to identify and repair errors existing intended functionality; (4) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his/her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law; (5) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; (6) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Axiom Connected; (7) comply with a legal obligation; or (8) otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
• Right to Opt Out. You have the right to object to sale of your Personal Information to a third party and we are prohibited from discriminating against you for exercising this right. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Right to Notification of Financial Incentives. A business may charge a consumer a different price or rate, or a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data. Businesses may offer financial incentives, including payments to consumers as compensation, for the collection of information, the sale of personal information, or the deletion of information. A business may also offer a different price, rate, level, or quality of goods or services to the consumer if that price or difference is directly related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data. We do not offer financial incentives for the collection of your personal information. Axiom Connected will notify you if it offers any such financial incentives.
• Right Not to Be Discriminated Against. – Axiom Connected is prohibited from discriminating against you for exercising any of the your rights hereunder, including by: (A) denying goods or services to you; (B) charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties; (C) providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer; or (D) suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. The prohibition on discrimination, however, does not prohibit Axiom Connected from charging a you a different price or rate, or from denying a particular good or service, or providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to you by your personal information, or if your personal information is required in order to provide the particular good or service.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA, please contact us by using the information in the “Contact Information” section, below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 45 days and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request.
Some registered users may update their user settings, profiles, organization settings and event registrations by logging into their accounts and editing their settings or profiles.
We retain your Personal Information and information stored and collected through our Services for as long as we have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. When your information is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purpose or to fulfill a legal or business requirement, we will use reasonable commercial efforts to securely dispose of and destroy your information collected through the Services.
After expiry of the applicable retention periods, your Personal Information will be deleted. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further use of such Information.
We take your privacy seriously. Therefore we take several security measures to help keep your Personal Information safe including procedural and technological measures. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees, affiliates, and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Websites, Apps and Services. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. However, there is no perfect security that is impenetrable from hackers. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information that we collect. In the event of such a security breach involving Personal Information, Axiom Connected will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information Axiom Connected knows or has clear reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
When you use our Services, we work to provide you the ability to access, review, correct, edit, or remove your Personal Information and related content that you have provided to us. If you have created an account, you can do this by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page. Please note, deactivating your account may not permanently delete, erase or remove your Personal Information, and such Personal Information may still be stored by us unless you also contact us regarding your request to remove, delete or erase such information. You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, mail to 8651 Hwy N Suite 201, Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367, or call at 833-220-0682 to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we may locate your information. Under certain privacy laws you may have a right to access your Personal Information that we hold about you, however, your rights to access your Personal Information are not absolute. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. In addition, we may not accommodate a request to access or change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct Personal Information, we shall explain why. For your information, removal of your Personal Information may impact our ability to provide you or your ability to use our Services.
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by emailing email@example.com, mail to 8651 Hwy N Suite 201, Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367, or call at 833-220-0682. Please include your name and any other identifiable information necessary, so that we might locate your information. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may unsubscribe via the method provided in the email communication or you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to Axiom Connected as a result of a product purchase or rentals, product service experience or other customer related transactions.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Our Services are not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 13 years of age to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Personal Information about users that are under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and prevent the user from further using our Services.
In accordance with applicable laws, you may request access and raise concerns or complaints regarding your Personal Information processed by us with by contacting us: by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 833-220-0682.